Friday, October 24, 2008

What was I thinking?

Really, why don't I think these things through? I must be crazy.

Actually, I did have a good reason when this all started.

Last year I did the Couch to 5k program and finished in time to run the Race for the Cure in my mom's memory. I had walked it before and knew what kind of crowd to expect but running it was completely different.

First, I'm not a crowd person. Trying to walk through a mass of walkers to get to the runners start set me into a panic. Bless my running partner Beth for talking me through it. About 10 minutes in we were finally out of the crowd and had room to breath.

Melissa, another one of my running partners, has never done a race. I really wanted to do this years Race for the Cure with her to get her feet wet. She's not a crowd person either so I wanted her to have a little experience before PF Changs.

(I'm making myself sound like such a professional runner, aren't I? Insert laugh and rolling eyes here.)

I was out of town for the race this year and she wouldn't do it without me. We were excited to find out that the Tulsa Run could work for both of us. I signed up, payed my money, sent her the info, and waited. And waited. And waited. Yea, she's not doing it. There are lots of reasons but I won't bore you with them. So here I am, signed up for a 15k and I'm doing it alone. Thank goodness for Beth, she came through for me. We leave today at 5 for Tulsa.

Do you know how far a 15k is? Anyone? It's 9.3 miles. 9.3!!!!!!!!! I've never run that far before! I barely survived 7 last Saturday. I must admit, I'm worried. I know, I know. I've signed up to do a half marathon in January. You don't have to remind me. I'll be fine. I'll be fine.
Right?


3 comments:

Kristie said...

Hardin!!! (you know what I'm talking about ...)

Thanks again for lunch today; it was really nice visiting. And for not leaving me outside my garage when I couldn't get in. :)

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

U R amazing. and, you look hot in that pink hat.

Renee said...

I'm so proud of you! You're awesome!!