Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's time you knew

I am not the smartest when it comes to technology. I have lost count of how many times I've asked Shawn for advice and when I've explained the problem he's said, "How did that happen?" or "Well I've never heard of that happening before." I would like to say that I have learned from my mistakes and questions but no...I retain nothing. I ask him the same things over and over again.

When I wanted to have a myspace page I set about doing it all by myself. Everything. Well except for the background thing. I just couldn't make it make sense. (Much like this last sentence.) I will say that as soon as he explained it I haven't bothered him at all about it. Maybe I'm techo-savvy after all! Of course, by saying that it makes me less savvy. I'm okay with that.

Now for the world of blogging. I've been challenged but I haven't asked for help. I figured out where the missing saved posts went I published them, finally figured out how to change my template, and even put a picture in my banner that showed up! Before then I'd tried to upload people pictures and would get an elbow or knee. But the elusive thing has been a signature. I want one. I covet them. I've posted comments on other peoples blogs asking how they did it but never got a reply. Sniff-sniff.

Well, tonight I did it. Okay, I found a 'tip blog' and read several posts to do it. Buuuuutttttt when it came to actually putting it in my posts I couldn't make it happen. I read some more, and was just confused more. But, as you'll notice, it's there. I pasted the code all over the place and finally made it to the right place. Don't ask me how though, I've already forgotten. Maybe that's why I never got a reply from other bloggers...they don't remember how they did it!

So here it is. And the best part, I didn't have to ask Shawn!

I hope he's impressed.


4 comments:

Renee said...

Well he may not be impressed, but I sure am!! I'm so proud of all the blogging milestones you taken! lol! I've wanted to add a signature forever and have yet to figure it out!! Okay my goal for tomorrow...get a custom signature!!

Kristie said...

Oooooh, pretty! You're light-years ahead of me. :) (see? I still use the old emoticons and haven't even graduated to real, live smiley's yet!)

Kelly said...

I swear we are so much a like its freaky...I too wanted a signature and just figured out how to do it too! Too Funny!!!
Maybe it's just that great minds think a like!!!!!

Cindi said...

Great job! I use "Live signature" too, and this is what I've done.

One day when I had a little extra time (like that's an everyday event) I made up about 12 signatures and copy/pasted them into a word document. I also put in the code format for each one. I saved the document and now when I go to add my signature, I just bring up the word document, copy the signature I want to use, and paste it into the end of my post. It takes about 15 seconds to add my signature to each post.

The hardest part was trying to decide on the font for each of my signatures!

Yours is great!