Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Parent/Teacher Conferences

Shawn and I are involved parents. We're at every soccer game, piano or voice recital, and just survived the first 4th grade Orchestra concert. We spend quality time with our girls and Shawn helps with homework that I'm not smart enough to figure out.

But really, do we both need to go to the parent/teacher conferences? I don't think both of us need to hear, "She's doing fine", "She's a joy to have in class", "She has met her AR goal and set a higher one".

Maybe if there was a problem and we needed to present an united front. Who knows? I've always just gone. I was amazed at the massive amounts of both parents. I even heard one say they had to hire a babysitter just to come!

So, what about you all? One parent or two?

5 comments:

Musings from Me said...

My husband is a teacher so I like to have him with me at conferencs to wade-through "teacher speak." If he cannot attend, I go alone and take good notes.

Melissa said...

I feel your pain. Honestly, if we are both available, we both go, but if only one of us is available, that's who goes. This year we both went to Maryna's and I went by myself to Garrett's. As long as one person gets the info...personally, I think it's fine.

Anonymous said...

We are involved parents as well; my husband coaches two soccer teams and a softball team and he would never miss a kid's game or concert. However, I think he has met maybe one or two of my children's teachers. I guess it is just part of my job to attend the conferences.

Kristie said...

Two parents when they were younger ... now, just one parent. Or, like I did last night, skip it entirely. :)

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

Try three. In 2003, that wasn't nearly as much fun as it is now. We actually stayed with Loren during the ice storm. One great big happy family. Kum-ba-ya............