Thursday, October 16, 2008

Painting Numero 1

Five years ago when I painted the girls room I chose colors that would grow with them for years to come. Never would we get tired of them. They would go to college safe in the knowledge that those colors were the springboard to help them decorate on their own.

The colors are making me crazy.

I decided in April that it was time for a major overhaul. What had I been thinking? Those colors were so babyish, juvenile, and all the decorations were immature.

Having all three girls in the master bedroom means that there is a six year age difference in the toys, clothes, and personalities. I still think we're done with the current colors.

Today has been spent cleaning out, dusting, sneezing, organizing, and complaining. Wish you were here, don't you? I'm about to go take the lid off the first paint can and get going.

After a trip to Sonic. After all, we've been working hard here.

And it's Happy Hour.

Then I'll be right off to work.

If I can get out of this recliner.

And stop sneezing.

Anyone know the current colors?

Anyone want to take a guess of the new ones?


Can't wait to hear.


I'll be posting before pictures later tonight or tomorrow.

Stay tuned!


5 comments:

Tyler said...

When you're finished come on over to my house. We've got some orange to put up in Ling's room. Although I need to texture first and I've never done it!!

Wendy said...

I will be interested to know what the NEW colors are. What is a grown up color that is not old fogey? Will it be toward the greens? blues? golds? Can't wait to see!!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Old colors: pale blue or green
New colors: pink

I'm new to BLOGGINg...check me out!!
Angela

Love Being A Nonny said...

By the way, I love your girl's names AND the "C" growing in the ivy!!!
angela

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

my last house project was digging gooey grout out of the bathroom. it traumatized me. i may never do another household project again after subjecting myself to the mold underneath the grout for days on end..........................new colors? I'm bad at this. Brown and pink are the new black. hahaha. actually, it may be tyler's orange.