Monday, October 13, 2008

The Changing of the Recipes

It's that time of year...the changing of the recipes.

Forget the closets, the guard, and the time; I'm talking recipes.

As I was finishing my bi-annual ironing Saturday I decided to use my ironing board as the sorting area.

I re-filed grilled chicken and fruit salads and pulled out slow cooked meats and breads. I put away fresh peach pies and got out cobblers. I said goodbye to light and airy and hello to rich and filling. It was so exciting. I had goosebumps. I love this time of year.

Tonight's menu: Grilled hot dogs and roasted marshmallows over the backyard fire pit to reward the girls for helping Daddy with yard work. A cold front just moved through. I can't wait!


5 comments:

Renee said...

Aw...how I love cooking for Fall weather! I so wish we had an outside fire pit...I'm working on it though! teehee!!
And marshmellows are a MUST at my house! Luckily I have a gas range..not the same, but gets the job done! lol!

Wendy said...

Wow! What a great idea and it is going to be chilly tonight and tomorrow. I am not a cook so would not have thought to change out recipes but what a great idea. I think I'll look for some new ones to use this month. Thanks for the idea!
Did you hear I had 40 commenters last Tuesday? I think that is a record on my blog.

Melissa said...

Love the idea of switching out recipes like I switch out my clothes. Makes looking for ideas much simpler. You are so creative.

Anyways, we too love our fire pit but haven't used it yet as it's been over 80 degrees here in Indiana. Who would have thought?

Keep the great dinner ideas coming.

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

have you submitted your blog to jean warner's list of oklahoma women bloggers? She posted a nice post about AVT. Jean is such a great person and blogger. I know you'll like her. You might tell her what you're doing for Mitchell.

Anonymous said...

Stefunk,
I don't really change the recipes, but I did make Chili, chex mix and brownies on Tuesday!!
Carrie