Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Work Day #1

When we recently had a moving sale for my grandmother's things that didn't go to her new assisted living apartment I found something I've been looking for for quite a while.  A big old bakers rack.  Nothing fancy.  Great for storage.

You see, I've had a dream.

A dream to organize the pool house a tad bit more.  Anything would be better than what we have now...complete chaos. 

The bakers rack was originally brass but it appeared to have been painted and then someone had started to strip it. Basically it was a mess. So I went spray paint shopping. A can of primer and two cans of Key Lime and I was ready to go.

I have an obsession, it's sanding blocks.  Know what those are?  If not, take a trip to Home Depot and buy some.  You'll want to sand everything in site.  That's how I am. 

I wanted to sand some of the loose paint off.  About 30 minutes in I was about to scream.  There's a lot of connections.  Several different sizes of rods.  And just too much to do.  Since it was going to be in the pool house loaded down with pool needs, it was time to move on.

I didn't look back, I just primed away. 
Then it was time to see the lucious Key Lime.  Except it looked nothing like the lid.  Instead of a nice green it was like a neon green.  But I was committed.  And like I said, it was just going to be in the pool house.
So here it is.  The color grew on me.  And if you don't look too closely, you don't see the still peeling paint. 

Right??

And everything that has never had a place to reside, now has a home.

Day #1.  Done!

No comments: