Friday, March 4, 2011

Middle School Banquet

My little Chickadee went to her first middle school banquet tonight. Sigh. I promise she was just born.

Since she's no longer 'in a relationship' she had plans to meet to girlfriends there. I've been to three of these in a row and I've seen entertainment from a trivia game, a male beauty pageant, and a motivational speaker. This year there was a band. A band that was pretty good and engaged most of the kids. But was so loud I think some of my internal organs might have been rearranged.

My sweet friend Jalene who'd helped me with Ball pictures asked me to come help her with Banquet pictures. There weren't any posed pictures, but a place had been set up to take some for fun. I spent a lot of time there and caught some cute ones. I was trying out an external flash for the first time and we had our problems at first but eventually we bonded and ended the evening happy that we'd gone together:c)

Here are just a few of my favorites from the evening.
As I attended my fourth in a row I made some observations. Girls put a lot of thought into the evening. Boys...not so much. And most girls have never and will never wear their shoes again.

I love that:)

1 comment:

Amy DM said...

I love the picture of the abandoned shoes and purse.