Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lines

I am NEVER at the beginning of a line! I cannot return something at a store, get my car washed, order food, get a prescription, check out with groceries, or get into a sporting event without losing at least 20 minutes of my life. Yet surprisingly when I finally reach to front of the line and turn around, no one is behind me.

I'm sure there is a deeper meaning to all of this but I'm too tired to figure it out.

I was behind a woman today in the drink line at Jason's Deli that strategically placed her lemons in her Diet Coke. Ice, lemon, little bit of Diet Coke, another lemon, more Diet Coke. She did this 5 times. And yes, I waited. Not patiently. I would never say anything out loud but the words going through my brain were not nice! And of course, as I quickly filled my drink to not keep the person behind me waiting I glanced over my shoulder...no one was waiting.

It's the story of my life.

No comments: