Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Weddding!

I had the absolute pleasure of being the matron of honor at the wedding of two high school friends recently. Jennifer and Monty. I've told you about Jennifer before. I was so excited when I found out that after Jennifer got on Facebook (because of me), got reconnected with Monty on Facebook (because of me), and got engaged to Monty (sort of because of me). I thought it was only fitting that I got to be in their wedding:c)

The girls and I hit the road for the 3 hour tour. I mean trip. These cute piggies were the silver lining of one of the worst gas station bathrooms we've ever used. You know when you feel the need to hand sanitize your entire body?? Yep, that bad.

Soon enough we were in Arkansas and seeing Jen and Monty's new house. We were included in the family and got to join them for dinner the night before. It reminded me of the meals I ate with Jen at her house. Or what we snuck out of the kitchen after everyone else was in bed!

Jen had told me to just pick a black dress to wear for the wedding. That was hard for me! There was one other bridesmaid and I didn't know what she was going to be wearing. Also, the bride and the bridesmaid are tiny!! Angela has had three children, one a few months ago, and she looks wonderful! My baby is eight and....moving on.

Jen told me what she was wearing but until I saw it, I couldn't even imagine it.

Sequined leopard. Yep, she was not a conventional bride.But certainly a beautiful one:D She was replying to a text from Monty saying he'd need help with his tie when he got there. So cute. Because of all the comments that The Pioneer Woman says about Spanx, I knew this was the point in my life when I'd need a pair. Also because of McKinley. When she came into the dressing room to zip me up she saw my tushie she said, "Oh, huh-uh." I promised her that I would be purchasing a 'supportive device' of some sort. I have my mothers behind, it's genetic. McKinley however didn't get it. Lucky duck.So can you tell that I'm wearing anything at all to hold in round parts? No! My stomach is still protruding! And I'm going to let you in on a little secret, I'm wearing two different 'supportive devices'. Luckily I'd not only packed my Spanx, but a much cheaper version that I've had for years. Promise you won't tell anyone. Ree has confessed to wearing four pairs at once! I love that dress though. It's just not very forgiving. And I'm beginning to wonder about the mirrors at JC Penney because I looked a lot better than what you're seeing here!!

Moving on.

Enough discussing my jiggly parts. Besides, with a bride in a sequined leopard dress, who would be looking at me??(Pardon the poor quality, this was taken with my cell phone so my Facebook friends could see our beauty.)

In spending a few minutes exploring the bed and breakfast where the wedding was held, I found the Presidential Room! I of course had the girls stand in front of the door.Jen was waiting patiently for me when I got back. Okay, I'm lying. She was waiting for Monty. They saw each other before the wedding and exchanged personal vows just for each other to hear.The girls and I headed downstairs to wait for the wedding to start. Kennedy had the camera. Here's one of the pictures I got. I do love those shoes. Sadly I may never wear them again because they hurt so stinking much! And since we've discussed my large tushie and stomach, should we discuss my large calves?

Okay, maybe later.As we waited the cake arrived. Now for an unconventional bride wearing a sequined leopard print dress, what type of cake should we expect?

Leopard of course.

It was papaya/mango filled. Hello another pair of Spanx. It was delish.Monty has three children and a nephew that he helps to raise. Because they were coming together with Jennifer he made a family puzzle for them. Each piece has the word family on it in a different font. Just as everyone in the family is a little different. The pieces came apart and each was a necklace. He explained this to the children as he handed out their necklaces.Sadly his oldest son Logan was killed in a four wheeler accident last summer. His picture was placed where the best man would have stood during the ceremony. It was moved inside for the reception and Logan got his own necklace.The typical feeding happened with no smashing. I hate it when they smash. The bride is looking her loveliest only to have cake smooshed into her face. Monty did a great job letting Jen continue to look stunning.
She was nice as well. The drinks though...the foot height difference made it quite funny. And the guest book? Hello gorgeous wood carving. Lasering? Chiseling? It was amazing.As we moved outside for the goodbye, I feel in love with the front porch of the bed and breakfast. How had I missed that before? Guess the Spanx were beginning to disturb my blood flow. Awww....I'm so happy for them. If it hadn't been for Facebook...if it hadn't been for me...:)Okay okay, I kid. If it hadn't been for Facebook God would have found a way.

He knew they needed each other:c)

Oh, and you know all those jokes about Arkansas weddings?? As I was pulling away from their house after saying goodbye I realized I hadn't signed the marriage license. I rolled down the window and said, "Hey, I didn't sign anything. Are you sure you all are married?" To which Jen replied, "It's Arkansas, you don't have to have witnesses."

Insert any joke here that you want.

I have a few if you can't come up with one!

1 comment:

Amy DM said...

Spanx!! Gotta love 'em! And, I have no idea what happens sometimes with the camera. I too think I'm lookin' smokin' and the mirror confirms it and then the darn camera dashes all my hopes and dreams.

You looked fantastic though!