Monday, February 8, 2010

Hmmm, I wondered why I felt bad

We just finished what will go down in history as one of the most amazing weekends of our lives. We were all a part of a historical event. All five of us. Our town, church, and school all turn 100 this year. I've blogged about our churches celebration already. Our school has two events and the 100 years of music was this Saturday. I was a part of the alumni choir and got to be in two ensembles. The ensembles were WAY out of my comfort zone. I'd never held a microphone and sung in front of a crowd before. Let alone the 1700 people that were in the audience! But the biggest part of the event was my girls singing in a three part harmony trio. I know I'm biased, but it was amazing. I have received so many sweet words from friends and strangers telling me how good they were. And a few sweet words about me!

But that's not what this post is about. But soon there will be one with pictures and hopefully a little video!

Because of the six weeks of rehearsals three nights a week, and then two days of almost non-stop practice, I was worn down. Add that to the stress and nervousness for the concert and for McKinley being in a Talent Show Friday and I was a mess. Yesterday after church and a celebration lunch I came home and settled in on the couch to renew our friendship. I soon was in bed with a horrible earache. Both ears. Shawn got me some Advil but even after those and a four hour nap, I still was in quite a bit of pain.

After getting everyone off to school and work this morning I sat down and realized I'd been really dizzy. That was it, I called my doctor. I told the nurse I thought I had a double ear infection. Imagine my surprise when I was told I not only had that but also strep throat and a sinus infection. Yee-haw. I've always been an overachiever. Just always in the wrong areas.

So here I sit. Incredibly dizzy, which makes me nauseous, which makes me not want to eat, ears still throbbing, and a very sore throat. I'm willing the Z Pack to start working faster. Luckily the weather is miserable outside to match my mood. More on that later also.

Sure hope I remember to!

Remind me, will you?

Thanks:c)

And good night.

I have a hot date with my pillow.

2 comments:

Outofmymind said...

Hope you slept well. I'm letting you know I posted a tutorial on how I made the cupcake liner flowers for my wreath. I hope I explained it well, I'm usually bad at that. Let me know if it helped. Thanx, Kelli Hansen ithoughtsew.blogspot.com

Cozyflier said...

I'm sorry you feel rotten, hope you feel awesome again real quick. If Ty isn't working, have him come over and take care of you!!

Congrats to my great nieces! Knew they would do a great job!

Strange, Lubbock turned 100 last year!
BTW, the crud is going around. Our family has succumbed also. :(
Hugs,
C