Thursday, October 14, 2010

And I'm Off!

I haven't finished packing.

I haven't loaded the dishwasher.

I haven't vacuumed the floors.

I haven't bought allergy pills.

I haven't gotten out of the boot.

I haven't finished the laundry...but I'm pretty sure everyone will have enough to survive.

But I'm leaving, on a jet plane (name that song and artist and I'll be impressed) in the morning.

At 6:10 in the a of m.

That means my alarm is set for, gulp, 3:55. We're heading out at 4:30 to pick up some other Angels and get to the airport. There's no stinking way I'm getting there 2 hours early!

Have I mentioned here before that I HATE to fly?? But my running partner has never flown and she's pretty freaked out.

That might be the distraction I need.

So the boot and I will soon be on our way to San Francisco. I plan to wear it up until race morning, and as soon after as possible. The race starts at 7 a.m. California time.

Say a prayer for me.

I'd appreciate it!

And thank you so much to all of you who donated to me. Your generosity is already being used to help save lives. I hope you are blessed for the blessing you've been to me:c)

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Leaving on a Jet Plane written and sung by John Denver but Peter Paul and Mary also recorded it. I'm a huge John Denver fan, LOL.

Have fun! Saying a prayer for you.

miruspeg said...

Steph I will be sending all my light and love to you on the 17th October while you are running/walking in the race to find a cure for cancer.
You are an inspiration my dear friend.
Here are some lyrics from "I Say a Little Prayer"

"I say a little prayer for you.
At work I just take time
And all through my coffee break-time,
I say a little prayer for you."

Big hugs
Peggy xxxx