Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What I Miss

I am head over heels in love with my new camera. I'm still not smart enough to own it...but classes start next month on educating this ol' girl.

I miss the old one though.

Every once in a while.

I miss zooming without changing lenses, I miss the lens cap popping off as I hit the power button, and most of all...I miss the macro feature.

I fell in love with all things macro when I discovered the flower on the dial. My new camera has that same flower, but it doesn't work its magic as well. It's a bit picky and just has to have something to focus on. Picky picky.

Saturday during our second of three straight days of rain, I felt the raindrops on the tulips in the front flowerbed calling my name. I put on the telephoto lens so I could stand where it was dry and set out.

I just couldn't get a good picture though.Pretty, but not what I wanted.So I put on the regular lens and got a little closer. Not bad...but still not it.

So I flipped the dial. The little flower and I decided to give it another try.

Nope. I'd hoped to focus in on the drop at the bottom. But since it wouldn't shoot because it wouldn't pick the drop, I got this. So now getting dripped on I got closer and tried again.

And once again, nope. One last time (I could feel my hair curling tighter with all the moisture) and I got it. Not as close as I'd like, but better than the others. I'm hoping they cover this in my upcoming class. I certainly can't justify a $450 lens to take pictures of rain drops now can I?

No really, can I?

1 comment:

Loren said...

but it is a really pretty picture!