Wednesday, June 9, 2010

More Estate Sale Finds

I have a mild obsession with cookbooks. I would rather sit down and read a cookbook from cover to cover than anything else. But there's a problem after that. I don't always make anything from the books. It's like reading a self help book and then not implementing anything. But I love the adventure so much, it's worth it.

At the estate sale people kept coming to pay for cookbooks. I just didn't have enough time to go look through the hundreds of books in the front room. I did of course find this one, so really, I'm fine.

I held one for a lady while she continued shopping and of course had to read a bit.

I love the measurement smidge. How cute is that.

And how exactly do I tell a tender young onion from a tough old onion? Anyone?
And who wants some Chocolate Chip Cookies?

Okay, can someone get me 32 pounds of shortening?? Oh wait, I might have to half this recipe. I really don't want 2,250 cookies. Well, I really wouldn't mind, but my waistline would not do well with that.

And I really don't think I could come up with 25 cookie sheets. Unless I asked the entire neighborhood if I could borrow theirs.

But I'd also have to borrow their ovens. That could get exhausting.And what great cookbook had this fun inside of it? I don't have a clue.

No comments: