Sunday, July 19, 2009

Party Crashers

I have never been a rule breaker. But here I am telling you a second tale of how I crashed an event this summer.

We have friends that come to swim a few times each summer. Pitty Pat, as we all call her, her step-daughter, daughter-in-law, and four grandchildren. Her brother and his family live two doors down and their four children swim in our pool almost as much as we do.

For years I have heard them talk about jumping off the bridge at Pitty Pat's house. Their family has lots of summer parties and lots of jumping. Hearing them talk about it last week made me talk before I thought. "We need to crash one of those sometime!" Oops. But since they swim at our pool, isn't it only fair? Who's with me?

Luckily they agreed and we were invited for Saturday night. It was bring your own meat, enjoy yourself, and watch the festivities. Shawn came straight from a soccer game and headed straight for the bridge.
It's about a 12 foot drop into 12-15 feet of water. Except that with limited rain this summer the level is at 6 feet. Shawn is 6' 4". You do the math and get back to me.

McKinley and Reagan were equally excited and went straight to jumping.

Kennedy, my cautious one, had to talk herself into it each time. She had four great jumps though. Oddly, each time she got out on the balcony she thought about it more and more.Then she stopped going to the bridge.Luckily there were other things to do.While the food was being cooked,I just sat back and took pictures.

350 in 5 hours.

I might need to seek help.I wasn't the only photographer though.My sweet friend Lacie was also there.She just started her own blog to showcase her talent. We've been having Photoshop lessons. She's so much fun:c)

Pitty Pat took a few pictures herself. She looked like a stalker:c)To add a challenge to everything, some tried to climb the bridge back to the top. It was hard and I watched lots of children fall off. McKinley was my only one who made it.Some just watched.After a delicious dinner where seating was at a premium,every one got right back to the fun.

Water balloons,fire works, and more jumping.Smiles and fun were everywhere.But my favorite part of the evening? Watching Reagan and her betrothed, Evan. They are so natural with each other. He took her for boat rides,sat by her for dinner, and my favorite, came to her rescue when she couldn't get the boat back to shore by herself.As the sun set the jumping stopped and the adults sat back and enjoyed the beautiful evening.I might have mentioned that I felt the need to be adopted so we didn't have to crash again.

Or we could just let Evan and Reagan get married now, at 7, to make us all legal.

What do you think?

6 comments:

Kelly said...

the pictures are beautiful! looks like you all had a great time!

sportzmom said...

What fun! I love the bridge (the house is beautiful too!)

Cozyflier said...

Wow Stephanie, I want to go there! I want an outdoor kitchen like that one! Love the pictures, that setting is beautiful! Looks like a blast.

TRS said...

Can I come?

question about your condo - barking dog comment... what did the HOA do? Just demand that you silence the dog, impose a fine or what? I'm on the HOA board, but Denver is so dog friendly it's ridiculous.

Debbie said...

Beautiful place. What is with the logo on the pictures? Have you gone into business?

Organic Meatbag said...

Wow...this makes me want to go jump off a bridge! Is that a good thing? Hehehehe...