Monday, July 28, 2008

Zyrtec-my drug of choice

From the moment I said "I do" this body of mine has been falling apart. I've developed allergies, broken ribs, had a kidney stone, mysterious pains requiring exploratory surgery, an ovarian cyst, Fifth Disease, and an emergency c-section. It looks like my parents unloaded me just in time!

My allergies are my most constant bother and I've been on several different medications over that last 13 years. My body tends to get used to them and stop working but Zyrtec and I have been together for many years. Imagine my excitement when Shawn brought home a Zyrtec mug complete with a nose on the side! I'm more of a cold weather coffee drinker but every once in a while I have a day that necessitates coffee.

Thursday was one of those days.

As I picked up my mug I noticed a water ring that was left on the counter. I silently blamed all the other people in the house for not being able to pick up a dish rag and clean the counter and left the ring there to make my point. As I sat down in the den I felt some drips on my leg and guessed that I had sloshed the coffee a little. About 10 drips later I started to wonder why the drips weren't hot, the coffee was. I had to investigate. The drips turned out to be clear. I don't drink clear coffee. Upon further investigation...are you ready for this?...the nose was dripping!! It was dripping dishwasher water. Funny since it had been sitting, nostrils down, in the cabinet for quite a few days. So I did the only thing I knew to do.

I wiped it.
And finished my cup of coffee.

3 comments:

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

that is the funniest thing i've read on all these ridiculous blogs in a very LONG TIME. in fact, it's so funny, i read the last paragraph to robert. he said, "isn't zyrtec a drug for allergies." next time, i'll treat him to the WHOLE POST/STORY!

Anonymous said...

Ok...seriously...laughed my butt off!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,
That is too funny, I'm coughing my drink up!
Scrapbook Queen