Friday, March 19, 2010

Snow Shovels and Surprises

When the Blizzard of '09 hit there was a status put on Facebook by my aunt.

If any of my family is reading this, I would like a snow shovel for my birthday.

Since her birthday is at the end of March I knew by then it would be obsolete but was glad to have something to give her since she's really hard to buy for. When I heard we had another storm coming I knew I needed to get it early. We had a 100 year choir practice that night so we presented it to her in front of a room full of people. That meant she had to explain to everyone why she was getting it.

I personally enjoyed it quite a bit.

Luckily there was a huge storm that meant it was put to good use right away. And now it's about to get some more good use.

We're in Texas visiting and left Shawn at home in a house that has hardly any food. With the Blizzard of '10 coming he might be home alone for awhile as we might not be able to get home! I can't wait to see if what is expected actually hits.

But if it does, my aunt is ready.

1 comment:

sportzmom said...

Yikes...more snow????