Tuesday, March 23, 2010

God Bless the Internet!

Recently when I wrote about why Facebook should be sainted, I told you about how I was going to get to meet my cousin Amy. Because of that post my cousin Robin started reading Amy's blog and now follows her on Twitter. That lead Robin to send me this e-mail.

I've been reading Amy's blog and we're now following each other on Twitter. She's in Africa and asking me about Krispy Kreme donuts this morning! So how are you related to her? Do you know yet when/where you'll meet her when she's in the states?

Imagine how excited I was to tell her that we're all cousins! Our grandmothers were three of 11 siblings. Because of all of this...Robin will be joining us for the mini reunion also!! Aaaaannnnddddd...since Robin's twin sister lives in the area of Texas that Amy is coming to, she's joining in!!! Can I tell you how incredibly stinking excited I am!?! But wait, it gets better. If Amy gets to come to the Dallas area we might add three more cousins to the mix. Amy's two sisters and Robin and Renee's sister. What a time to be an only child.

So there are the reasons I'm thanking God for internet. And Facebook. And blogs. And Twitter.

And family:c)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

hope you all have a great time!!!

Robin said...

I'm very excited, but anxious to get the details worked out. I'm a planner and I need to get this planned!

Cozyflier said...

Yes, the internet is an amazing thing! It really does bring family together! :)))

Amy DM said...

I'm just reading this now. To go from not knowing any of my cousins IRL to perhaps being able to meet a bunch of them at once! I'm a happy girl!