Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Channeling Martha Stewart

This blog post is brought to you by my new pink laptop:c)

Sorry, moving on.

My grandma gets several monthly magazine subscriptions that she reads and passes down to me. Well, I forgot the best part. When she's reading them she tears out any page that is an ad front and back. So when I get them it is just article, article. It's a whole new world. A world I can't believe I didn't live in for many many years.

You all should try it.

Visit my wonderful world.

Anyway...

I found something in Martha Stewart Living that I knew I needed. I even knew I could make it. I don't often feel that way since most of the projects in there are too expensive and the recipe ingredients are things I can't even pronounce.

But this, I can do.

I started by going through the storage area right outside the kitchen. Pulling pots and hoping to find enough dirt that I wouldn't have to buy some. Looks promising. Luckily I had plastic pots to use as the stands so I didn't have to waste any of the terra cotta ones that I use around the pool.

Not bad. Can I also say that I worked up quite a sweat and burned some serious calories moving all of those.After a quick run to Home Depot..and somewhere else...I had everything I needed. And here it is! I bought Flat Leaf Parsley, Basil, Oregano, Cilantro, Rosemary, Chives, and Thyme. I use the parsley the most so it went on the top. More growing room. I put it right outside the kitchen window so we can enjoy it from inside as well as out. And can I just say, it smells terrific outside my back door! My old herb garden was right behind the diving board and it took a lot of abuse. It also was a long walk when I had something already cooking on the stove! And, if you don't mind me saying, I'm pretty proud of it.

So, now I need some more recipes for dishes with fresh herbs. I have some favorites would like some new ones. Anyone want to pass along some tried and true ones?

4 comments:

Nadine Hightower said...

I did this a few years ago. And I ran a stick down the center of the pots to steady them. I put flowers in the pots. Casacading petunias and some really nice smelling plant in the top one, a can't remember the name of it...rose gerainium.It was nice... I wish I had tended to it better. My pots have since broken up...it doesn't help when the hubs shoots in their direction.

Good Luck with it and I can't wait to see it all grown out.

Amy said...

That is a wonderful idea! I'd love to try it.

sportzmom said...

I think I might have to try this! (After I get through the next couple of weeks!) My flight is non-stop to Austin! One of these days I'll get through OKC! Hope your training is going well!

小研 said...

Do not delete this article, there is ad-supported access to 500 U.S. dollars reward, activity time to 2010/12/31 the end of this period we will have staff members from time to time to visit, hope you have the opportunity to receive prizes!

關鍵字行銷 網路行銷 軟體行銷 搬家 活水機 濾水器 淨水器 1069 GUCCI GUCCI包 GUCCI包包 LV包 LV LV包包 除腳臭 自慰器 情趣用品 情趣商品 跳蛋 按摩棒 高雄監視器 監視器 監視器材 監視攝影 網路創業 當鋪 當舖 流當品 特賣會 團體服 免費廣告 佛具 加盟 臭臭鍋 加盟 火鍋 期貨 婚紗 情趣用品 情趣 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 女人徵信 減肥 豐胸 整形 電波拉皮 雷射溶脂 飛梭雷射 私密處保養 seo 104 104論壇 seo 行銷軟體 免費網路創業 網路賺錢