Thursday, October 15, 2009

Magnets

Almost a year ago I got a wild hair, hare...which is it? Hmmm....

Anyway, I decided to make some magnets. I had an old humongous frame that I wanted to use as a magnetic bulletin board in Shawn's office. I painted the frame black and bought a piece of sheet metal that lucky for me fit perfectly. I had no desire to cut sheet metal.

For the first set I needed letters so the girls and I scoured magazines looking for everything. Can I just say that there are not enough K's in magazine headlines. We needed three. Finding the letters was hard, but Mod Podging them on and hot gluing a magnet on the back took all of 30 minutes. That was mainly dry time. They ended up costing a little over ten cents a piece.

After we'd made the names we also cut out some cute patterns or pictures.I ended up making another magnetic board for the girls room.After those turned out so well we decided to use some leftover scrapbook paper and made more.I ended up selling quite a few at a home craft show and even to a friend that came over this summer.

Now I just need to make a magnetic board for me. My magnets have to live on the refrigerator. I guess waiting for someone to make a board for me isn't going to work out.

Oh well, at least I have a cute fridge!


4 comments:

Allie said...

Very cool! Where did you buy the sheet metal?

Cindy said...

love this idea! -cindy

McVal said...

Too cute! You're giving me some awesome ideas!

Kelly said...

now you know you are going to have to show me how!!!