Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Nap time

Sweet Judson came to visit this week.Last time he was 3 months and squirmy. This time he's a year, and quite mobile.

I learned some very important things.

1) I am glad I had the girls when I was young because I don't have the energy now. Actually, since he's not the first boy I've watched for a few hours, I'm glad I had girls! Boys are different. They never stop.2)Stairs are not to be feared,but conquered. With the help of his lovely assistant he spent 30 minutes conquering.3) You can't let his size fool you.He is stronger than you'd think.Reagan was no match for his strength.His surprise attack will get you every time.4) He is always poised for action. I leg tucked, one ready to spring.And we saw the spring. Countless times.

And last, but certainly not least.

5) His mom is hilarious! A few weeks ago my Facebook status said, Stephanie loves the smell of Pine Sol. Original scent. The lemon scent should be ashamed of itself.

It was one of those statuses that generated a lot of feedback. I never knew how many other floor cleaners there are. And lemon scent is quite well loved by other people. Just not me.

When she came to pick Judson up she told me she had a little gift for me. She said she knew I wouldn't accept money, she was right, it was our pleasure. But when she pulled this out, I couldn't say no. I actually laughed so hard I cried. She told me it was just the response she'd hoped for.

Even though he wore me slick out...one look at this face,and I'd do it all again!

After my nap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a precious boy! I also had girls and am so glad. Boys are just wired differently. I'd rather have emotions than broken things!

Stacey said...

I feel the opposite. I have 3 girls and 1 boy. My girls are mean and my boy is very loving. He is very active though.

Kelly said...

I know how you feel, two days in a row I had my great nephew who is 11 months old....and the first day of school and I spend it babysitting!! I'm tired as heck need to head off to bed now!