Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Juicing Update

Well, I'm half way through day 3 and I've lost 9 pounds!!! I have made four different recipes and the one I came up with myself this morning was the best. Strawberries, red grapes, carrots, apples, and spinach. Sooooo good!

As to the detox: Day 1-slight headache but it wasn't bad enough to slow me down.
Day 2-nothing! Even survived buying Taco Bell for the rest of the family.
Day 3-things are moving! That's all that needs to be said. I survived
watching two friends eat in front of me at City Bites. (That will be one of the
first places I go after this is all over!)

So...so far so good. Here's what I should experience in the next 4 days.



Stage 2 (Day 3 To Day 7)Fats, composed of transformed fatty acids, are broken down to release glycerol from the gliceride molecules and are converted to glucose. The skin may become oily as rancid oils are purged from the body. People with problem-free skin may have a few days of pimples or even a boil. A pallid complexion is also a sign of waste in the blood. Ketones are formed by the incomplete oxidation of fats. It is suspected that the ketones in the blood suppress the appetite by affecting the food-satiety center in the hypothalamus. You may feel hungry for the first few days of the fast. This effect is temporary. The desire to eat will disappear. Lack of hunger may last 40 to 60 days, depending on whether you are on water or juice.
The body embraces the fast and the digestive system is able to take a much-needed rest, focusing all of its energies on cleansing and healing. White blood cell and immune system activity increases. You may feel pain in your lungs. The cleansing organs and the lungs are in the process of being repaired. Periodically, the lymphatic system expels mucoid matter through the nose or throat. The volume excreted of this yellow-colored mucus can be shocking. The sinuses go through periods of being clogged, then will totally clear. The breath is still foul and the tongue coated. Within the intestine, the colon is being repaired and impacted feces on the intestinal wall start to loosen.



They're right about the shocking volume of mucus. Again, enough said!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Hey, if you need a volunteer to go with you to City Bites when it's over, just let me know. It's pretty much my favorite restaurant in the world. And, they have DDP in their soda fountain!! :)

How is the no-chewing going??

Anonymous said...

Yes! Awesome, thank you for these juicing posts. I'm just starting to plan for a juice fast and find all of this fascinating!