Saturday, April 5, 2008

A true day.

Well, today was the reason I named my blog what I did. It was crazed! It all started with my alarm going off at 7 so I could get my roll dough out of the refrigerator and make four dozen No-Knead Knot Rolls to rise all day while we were gone. They were for the Supper Club that would be my child-free reward if I survived the days activites.

After we were all up and dressed in layers we were off to a soccer game. Reagan is the only girl on a team full of boys. She holds her own and has gotten twenty bucks from us for goals scored. That's a dollar a goal! She plays her games in what I lovingly refer to as, "The windiest place on earth." It's so bad that the teams usually switch goals at the quarters instead of halves so that no one has to get worn out playing against the wind. (You're all singing that song along with me right now, aren't you?)

After the win we had to 'divide-and-conquer' parent. I took McKinley so we could both get haircuts and go to her piano contest. Shawn took Kennedy and Reagan home to have lunch and get ready for Kennedy's theatre class.

My precious cousin is in hair school and gives slow, but cheap haircuts. I went first and McKinley looked through magazines for ideas. As I sat there and watched all the 20 something students walk around in their 80's fashions (yes, it's popular again to look like a hobo) with orange, yellow, purple, and green hair I was worried about what McKinley would want. Luckily she didn't have time for highlights or colors and picked a very age appropriate cut that looked nothing like the two girls with mohawks that were working near us! I think the new hairdo motivated her for her piano contest and she scored a 1+! You can't get any higher!

Finally all home I baked the rolls and Shawn and I got to go to a no-precious-children allowed Supper Club. How nice to have adult conversations with no interruptions!

The friend that hosted it is the reason I started this blog. I recently spent three days reading hers and laughed, cried, and was blessed during it. She has had an amazing life thus far and can write it pain, joy, or sadness. But...I couldn't tell her I had started my own. I wonder now why I didn't. Maybe because mine will never be like hers. She writes with humor and meaning, and has a way of making you feel like you're her best friend even if you don't know her. I guess someday I'll tell her. After all, she's my inspiration.

Kristie-If you're reading this, a few years down the line when I finally tell you about it, I loved the ham and potato casserole! Thanks for buying the expensive soup just so I could eat!!

Well, I've had a long day. I'm putting myself to bed.

Good night!

No comments: