Sunday, April 20, 2008

More running!

At our family party last night my precious cousin Debbie noticed that I was wearing a ring that had been my mothers. She lost her mother, my sweet Aunt Velda, two years ago and knows all that I've gone through. I told her how I like to wear something of moms on the days that I do things I know she would have wanted to go to. (You might want to re-read that sentence to see if it makes sense the second time through.) She told me that she wears Aunt Velda's wedding ring for the same reason.


***Here's another blog that I wrote during my first Couch to 5k.

I don't think I was supposed to run this morning! My friend had to back out, my speed and distance monitor on my shoe was dead, and right as I started the first run the watch beeped and told me that the memory was full and stopped keeping time! I really wanted to just go home and have Shawn fix everything and go tonight when my friend was available.

What kept me going? Ryan Cabrera.


I have a jogging playlist on my Zen and his song "I Will Remember You" came on as I was heading for home. I listened to it 6 times in a row! Here are some of the words that reminded me that this is not about me, it's in the sweet memory of my mom.


8 years later time goes by fast, got my memories and they will last.

I try to keep it simple because I hate goodbyes, by telling myself that I will remember you and all of the things that we've gone through.

There is so much I could say but words get in the way.

So when we're not together I will remember you.

We're a picture in my mind and when I want to find you I just close my eyes.

You'll never be that far from me so don't say goodbye.

You'll never be that far from me, I'm telling myself I will remember you.

You were there when I needed a friend, thank you, thank you.

I've never told you how much that meant.

I have to thank you, thank you.


Powerful, isn't it? It was just what I needed.



***I ran alone on Friday because my partner couldn't make it. It's definately easier with someone else there with you. Once again, as I was thinking that I couldn't finish it this song came on. It always does the trick!

No comments: