Friday, February 18, 2011

More Guinea Info

My sweet sweet lifelong friend Jani sent me an e-mail about my guinea post. You see, she lives on the street where the guineas spend the most of their time.

Here's what she had to say.

Just read your blog about the Guineas. Anytime you want to see them just come park on our street. They wander from house to house all down our block. The lady next door to us feeds them so they hang around her house a lot. But I have to tell you...if they get separated from each other...oh my...the noises that come out of those birds can be SO annoying because they don't stop until they are back together! They also get on our front porch and peck at our storm door. One time my youngest hadn't shut the storm door all the way and I came
walking by the piano and see a head sticking in my house. Scared me to death!!!!! LOL

Anytime you want to hang out on our street...you are most welcome too. :o)


Isn't that hilarious? I'd completely forgotten about the sound they make. Probably because I had blocked it from my memory. As soon as I read her words I could hear it. And now I can't shut it off.

But, they're still cute. If they'd eat mosquitoes around the pool during the summer, I might consider getting a pair for our street!

2 comments:

Cozyflier said...

I can hear the sound coming from Jorja's back yard!! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

I love me some guineas. I am down to just one now (so I don't have to hear that awful racket they make)! However, I have ordered 25 baby guineas, and they will hatch in May. Im so excited!!!
Joann in AL