Sunday, August 16, 2009

Crock Pot Cobbler

Want heaven in a bowl? Try this. Now. Or as soon as possible. But now is better.

I have avoided blueberries for most of my life, thinking I didn't like them. Luckily I promised my mom before she died that I would have my children eat things that I didn't like.

Guess, what? They're delicious!

I first made this recipe at a family reunion in Branson. The crock pot was licked clean.

Really.

Try it.

Please.

Crock Pot Cobbler
1 c. flour
1 1/2 c. sugar, divided
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
2 eggs, beaten
2 T. milk
2 T. vegetable oil
2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
2 c. fresh or frozen blackberries
3/4 c. water
1 t. grated orange peel
Whipped cream or ice cream, optional


In a bowl, combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.Combine eggs, milk, and oil; stir into dry ingredients until moistened. Spread evenly onto the bottom of a greased 5 quart crock pot.In a saucepan, combine berries, water, orange peel, and remaining sugar; bring to a boil.Remove from heat; immediately pour over batter.Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted into the batter comes out clean.Turn cooker off. Uncover and let stand for 30 minutes before serving.Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

Sorry I don't have a picture of it with whipped cream. I left the girls alone with the spray cream and didn't have any left to photograph!

And what was my snack while I was waiting for it to cook? Guess mothers really do know best:c)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That looks good! (and easy - even better!!)

Dianna B. said...

How many would that serve do you think? I need to make it for...uh... a varsity football team.... lol