Monday, May 11, 2009

Awards/Tags

Well, somewhere in the midst of my phone and laptop crashing I got behind on my claiming of awards and tags.

I also think that life got in the way.

I hate it when that happens.

So get ready, this is going to be quick and painless. I hope. With my broken tailbone and ablation surgery in the last week I am all about painless.

First, the tag.

I was tagged by Wendy to do the 8 things survey.

8 Things I am Looking Forward To:

1. Summer break!
2. Seeing my girls grow into mature, confident women
3. Spending the rest of my life with my amazing husband
4. The honeymoon trip I was promised 14 years ago!
5. Finding the perfect job that will still allow me to stay home with my girls (It has to be out there somewhere!)
6. Becoming debt free
7. Taking my girls to Washington D.C.
8. Losing 40 pounds and feeling good about my body again.

8 Things I Did Yesterday:

Sadly, I stayed in bed all day yesterday recovering from surgery so I'll pick....Friday.

1. Went to breakfast with my awesome group of girlfriends and watched them eat and drink while we chatted.
2. Went to see a girlfriends new house.
3. Rode around with my friend MJ looking for garage sales. Sadly, because of the weather, we only found one that wasn't worth slowing down for.
4. Rode to the hospital with Shawn and got checked in.
5. Hyperventilated when the nurse started my IV.
6. Told about 27 different people what surgery I was in for. Apparently it's a test to make sure you're in your right mind. After the fourth person I just started telling them I was going in for a blow torch procedure.
7. Talked to my extra cute gynecologist who I picked because of his looks. Sadly he went bald and lost some of the cuteness. When he came to see me he had a hat on so he was cute again!
8. Made Shawn stop and get me a Braum's burger and fries on the way home since I hadn't eaten in 18 hours!

8 Things I wish I could do:

1. Lose these pesky extra 40 pounds!
2. Help make our family debt free.
3. Have my mom back.
4. Keep a clean house!
5. Convince my Uncle Kevin to move his family from Texas to Oklahoma so we can see each other anytime we want.
6. Make myself like running.
7. A round off followed by five back handsprings.
8. Always make the right decisions the first time around.

8 Shows I Watch

1. Friends
2. Seinfeld
3. The Biggest Loser
4. American Idol
5. Dancing With The Stars
6. What Not To Wear
7. Dirty Jobs (Hello Mr. Mike Rowe)
8. Bewitched

So, to tag people.....well, let's just say if you read my blog and have one of your own, I'd love for you to do this! I think it's fun to get to know these little things about people.

And now for the awards.

I got this from my sweet friend Beth.

I got this cool one from my Aunt Carrie.

It came with a little question and answer time:)

1.What’s your current obsession? Photography
2. What’s your weirdest obsession? Starbucks Caramel Frappucino Lights
3. What are you wearing today? Currently, jammies:)
4. Why is today special? It's Mother's Day and I'm the mommy to three amazing girls!
5. What would you like to learn to do? Knit. I've tried and failed many times.
6. What’s the last thing you bought? Sonic drinks. (Same answer as my Aunt Carrie)
7. What are you listening to right now? My running playlist of music. Sadly, since I won't be able to run for months.
8. What’s your favorite season? Winter. Love ice and snow, being cold, fires, cuddling up to get warm.
9. What’s your most challenging goal right now? Losing 40 pounds. Can't seem to get motivated. Swimsuit season is upon me and I haven't reached my goal. Now with a broken coccyx it will be a long time coming.
10. What do you think about the person who tagged you? She is more like a sister than an aunt! Sure wish she'd move here so I could see her anytime I want:(
11. What's your favorite guilty pleasure? Sonic Diet Dr. Peppers with cherry and easy ice.
12. Favorite vacation spot? Colorado
13. What would you like to have in your hands right now? A bank book with an amazing amount of money in it!
14. What would you like to get rid of? 40 pounds
15. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? To heaven to meet Jesus and see my mom.
16. What bad habit do you have that you would like to terminate? Over-eating
17.What super power would you like to possess? The ability to read minds.
18.What is the one thing that you have done in your life that you are the most proud of and if you had the chance to do it again you wouldn't change a thing? Raising my three girls to be kind, gentle, friendly, Christ-following people. I'd do it all over again in a heart beat. They are amazing!
19.What’s your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet? A dress that I bought for a friends wedding. It camouflages all the right things and makes me feel amazing!
20. What’s your dream job? Writer. My entire life I've dreamed of writing novels.
21. If you had $150 now what would you spend it on? A fun night out with Shawn and our girlies.
22. Do you admire anyone’s style? Yes, a friend at church. She always looks amazing no matter what the occasion.
23.Describe your personal style: Current but not too current:)
24. Who’s fashion show would you want tickets to? Vera Wang for a wedding dress show. I would get married over and over again if I could. Always to Shawn of course! But I just loved all the planning and shopping. I'd love to renew our vows every year and have a new dress each time!
25. If you could slap one person with no repercussions, who would it be and why? The man who fired my mom from her job at the local college. She never recovered from that. I just saw him Thursday and it's hard being a Christian and knowing I should forgive him.
26. What are you most proud of? My girls and their musical talents and abilities.
27. Why do you like to blog and how long have you done it? I love it!!! It's such a release for me! These things are always in my head; funny stories, weird and random thoughts. Now I have a place to let them out. 13 months!! I had to go look to make sure. Wow, 13 months. The friends I've made through this has been the biggest blessing. I love you all!!!

So, just like with the 8 things, I would love for all my readers to fill this out and claim the awards. You're all award worthy:c)

So, now I think I'm caught up. What a good feeling!

3 comments:

Donetta said...

Stephanie, I just love reading your blog! You always make me laugh. :) Also, I discovered after reading this that we have even more in common than I thought! How fun is that! Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the laughs! :)

Cozyflier said...

I love these little things to find out about each other too!!

miruspeg said...

What a good sport you are Steph sharing all these very personal details about yourself with us.
It is wonderful finding out all these things about our special friends who live inside our computer.

I can feel your sadness of missing your mother and not being able to run in that race. Life is just not fair sometimes.

You are very resilient you know Steph, just wanted to remind you incase you have forgotten.

Big hugs and love enclosed
Peggy