Saturday, February 21, 2009

She's a what??

Okay, I need to come to terms...my baby is 13 today. A t....A tee....A. Give me a minute...a teenager.

That hurt.

She's my first born but she'll always be my baby. So will the others, just for future reference.

So, to celebrate her 13th, in true crazed mom fashion...here are 13 things I love about her.

1. She was a sweet surprise. We had planned to wait for three years to have a baby but God stepped in.
2. Her Gran, my mom, died when she was 5 1/2 months old. We know she was a gift so that my mom could be a grandmother.
3. She is a sweet big sister. 4. She is using her God given talents to bring Him glory.

5. She is a wonderful best friend.
6. She is one smart chickie!
7. She has a great sense of humor!
8. She's quite entertaining during the summer.
9. She's not afraid to step out of her comfort zone and try something new.
10. She's a loyal fan.
11. She has looked like me at every age. But taller.
12. She's becoming quite the little photographer.
13. She's only getting better with age!!

I love you Sweet Pea!

10 comments:

Margaret Glyn said...

What a precious tribute to a darling girl--my first great-grandchild! As usual, I am proud! Gigi
S., what were you doing up at 3:30 A.M.? Wow!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday McKinley. You and Brad share this day. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Steph, don't freak out too much :)

vgsmom said...

She seems lie a great young lady. You guys must be doing something right.

Anonymous said...

That was such a beautiful tribute! My oldest turned 13 last month. I am so with you...so hard to believe I'm the mother of a teenager!

Robin said...

Happy Birthday!

And get ready for the roller coaster Mom. It will be fun and scary and hard and fun and terrifying and incedible and...

Kelly said...

That was so sweet. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day McKinley! Stephanie, Don't worry, you'll get use to having a teen, been there done that. It's when they hit 21 you freak!!!!
CF

miruspeg said...

I think McKinley is going to be a wonderful teenager.
What a gorgeous photographic tribute.
Thats what I love about the blogging world, we get to share so much about each others lives.
Lots of love
Peggy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday McKinley! Welcome to the wild teenage years. You are only allowed to be as wild as your Mom and Dad were when they were teenagers. By the way, I remember you when you looked like you did in the first picture and your Mom and Dad took you for stroller rides every evening. I love the picture of you and Mom. Have a fantastic day! My baby turns 9 already this Thursday.

jean said...

Don't they grow up so quickly? I'm sure you're so proud of her. My bro & sis-in-law had my nephew 2 weeks before their 1st anniversary - definitely not in their plan, but in God's plan as my SIL's mother died 3 months after my nephew was born.