Sunday, November 30, 2008

Saddle Up Your Horses

I've mentioned before that I think Christmas is being started earlier and earlier. I personally once decided to put up my decorations before Thanksgiving. Since I was busy for the three days before cooking the decorations sat in a corner and messed up my unusually clean house. Since Reagan's birthday also falls around that time and I don't want her to feel like her birthday is unimportant. I won't listen to Christmas music either. I want to wait and do it all at once.

A few weeks ago I was driving home from taking the girls to school when a Christmas song came on the radio. It was instrumental but I was soon humming along. I knew I shouldn't be but I was feeling a little Christmasy. I continued humming and even sat in the car in the garage to hear more of it. As it kept going I realized it was just the instrumental intro. I knew the words were coming and gave in and started feeling really holidayish. Even against my best intentions.

Than it happened. The words started. It wasn't a Christmas song. Not even close. If you need a laugh click here. Sorry it's in Spanish, it's the best I could do.

No comments: