Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Red Hair?

So, back to the question, "Why Lucille Ball didn't have red hair on Halloween."

How many of you know that Lubbock is the home of Texas Tech? As an OU Sooner I was not happy about being in Red Raider country. Especially since they had a game that Saturday. I had to sit in a elementary pep assembly where they did cheers and people all around me were dressed in red and black. I got some strange looks for my loud booing and my arms signals spelling out 'OU'.

When McKinley decided on the Lucy costume my cousin Tyler and I left to run to the drugstore for some red hair spray. Three stores later I didn't know why we couldn't find any.

As I sat Saturday night becoming intimately familiar with the 'last' button on the tivo remote I figured it out. I was really watching the OU/Nebraska game but since I was in Lubbock I was switching over to the Texas Tech/Texas game. When OU was up by about 117 I decided to focus all my attention on the Texas' game.

I was in a house just a few miles from the stadium with six Lubbock residents who could have cared less.

I suddenly felt the need to become a crazy fan.

Imagine my surprise.

That's usually Shawn's job. I won't bore you with stats but if Tech won it would make OU look good. I was cheering for the underdog. They pulled out a victory in the final 2 seconds of the game and I was a little loud. As I calmed myself down I looked at the fans storming the field....the red headed fans.

After way too much time trying to find a picture of a Red Raider fan with red hair I give up! You'll just have to trust me on this. I'm sure there was a haze over the town of Lubbock that day from the amount of red hairspray used. So...poor Lucy, she was a brunette.

Who knows, maybe that was her real hair color.

No comments: