Saturday, August 30, 2008

I'd like to thank the academy...

I won an award this morning! Well, not so much an award...but a recognition.


At our group run this morning they handed out certificates to the two highest fundraisers. I was one of them! They called my name and I walked to the middle of the circle while everyone clapped for me. I was honored.


Now, let me tell you the truth. I am probably not one of the two highest. Okay, I know I'm not. I'm just one of the top two who has the money turned in. My friend, Becky, has over $1,200 but just mailed her checks today. But that's okay! I have so little in life that I'm clinging to my card stock, yellow star, printed certificate.





I have so many precious friends, relatives, and complete strangers to thank for the money that I have raised. I am truly blessed! I still have a long way to go, but I am certainly well on my way.

If you would like to donate to this amazing cause, please visit my fundraising page.

No comments: